List of all Airports in India, International Airports of India
Please read our blog further to read more about the most beautiful airports in India.
June 13, 2020
Dp Vishwakarma(Founder at KeywordsFly)
Globalization is the main factor behind the wandering of people here and there. But when people move they search for transport and in India, there are many transport facilities. Even each transport facility provided is comfortable for all if we talk about the modest and most pleasurable journey it the journey through the air!
India accommodates great airports which are the perfect example of modern architecture and endowed with world-class amenities. These airports in India portray a beautiful picture of India and welcome the tourists with the authentic Indian beauty, which clearly says, “AATHITI DEVA BHAVO.” All the airports in India are located across India. The airports continue to be busy, extraordinary, classy, popular, and extreme. Please read our blog further to read more about the most beautiful airports in India.
The list of 10 airports in India which have made our lives easier and travel faster:
1. Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
2. Srinagar International Airport, Srinagar
3. Shimla Airport, Shimla
4. Gaggal Airport, Kangra
5. Lengpui Airport, Mizoram
6. Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair
7. Agatti Airport, Lakshadweep
8. Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
9. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
10. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
1. The airport which is the topmost height from sea level, At 3256 meters above sea level is Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport in Leh. The landscape view which surrounds the mountain is majestic brown mountains in the Great Himalayan range is a magnificent spectacle with stunning outflows. This airport has an exceptional embossing quality as it is decorated with Spituk Monastery. It is served with Regular flights services to Delhi, Mumbai, J&K, Srinagar, and Chandigarh.
2. Coming to bite down from Leh we have another sacred city which is Srinagar. The airport here is located in the lush green environs and is co-owned by Indian Air Force and AAI. When you visit the airport, you will see the runway of this airport overlooked by the Great Himalayan mountains and also the integration of the airport is fantastic.
3. Another city which offers fantastic views from the airport is Shimla Airport. This airport is located in the Jubbarhatti district of Himachal Pradesh, which lies around 22 km from the capital city is Shimla Airport. From here Planes to most of the Indian towns operate.
4. Another airport of the Himachal state is known as the Kangra Airport; the Gaggal Airport is located in Gaggal. In all the north Indian-airports in India, this one is the most crucial. If you plan a trip to the mountains in the Great Himalayas so, please go once by air and check this airport. It is connected with Delhi.
5. Now, this airport is jungle beauty, as it is nestled in the lush green mountains in Northeast India and this is Lengpui Airport located in Aizawl in Mizoram. To reach this airport, you can take a flight, or you have to run this airport by changing your flight from Guwahati and Kolkata. Here the flights to Imphal operate a week thrice. The beautiful airport is also notable because of its excellent location at 2500 meters above sea level.
6. Coming to the south and seas, our Andaman & Nicobar Islands’ airport, Veer Savarkar International Airport is another of the magnificence airports in India. This airport is surrounded by the blue ocean and evergreen rainforest all around.
7. Another famous airport in the south is Agatti Airport which is a domestic airport connecting Lakshadweep to Bengaluru and Kochi. It is operated by the Airports Authority of India, which makes it the more on-going airport.
8. The largest and the most important airport in India is Delhi Airport. It is the most popular and also the most alluring international airports in India. It accommodates around six terminals, and this connects us to almost all the major cities across the world. Indira Gandhi International Airport(IGI), located in southwest Delhi, located in Palam and is 16 km from the city center. It has also won many awards.
9. After Indira Gandhi, it comes to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, which is located in Shamshabad. It is also one of the busiest international airports in India. Although it has only one terminal and caters to popular cities around the world, it attracts tourists because of its majestic architecture.
10. 2nd busiest airport in India after Delhi Airport, the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai. This airport handles almost 900 aircraft movements per day. It comes among the largest airports in India. This airport is one of the most famous & classiest airports in India. It is considered to be amongst the major airports in India.